Pacifier Woes

I should have taken it away a long time ago. Lord knows it would have been a lot easier at 6 months, when he wasn't nearly as stubborn and headstrong as he is now, at nearly 21 months.

And, I'm seriously sick of pictures like this one:

And this one, where someone has just taken his pacifier and he's about to have a meltdown because he wants it back:This is day number one of "Operation Bye-Bye Paci." I told him that he is a big boy now and there is a baby that needs his pacifiers. He seemed excited about that - until he realized that meant he didn't get the pacifier anymore. But, once out of sight, out of mind it seemed.

The morning went well. Afternoon nap was non-existent. Evening has been okay. I'm seriously scared about what bedtime will bring. Will he go to sleep without it? Will I give in to his crying and hand the stupid thing over?

I need to stay strong!! Help.

Comments

  1. How is it going? I hope it has been smooth and relatively easy.

    We made Steven give up his pacifier at 17 months and it took a few days before he was totally over it. Naps were harder than the nights, but soon enough, he forgot all about it. Henry can do it. Just hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts