The Anxiety of Family Picture Time

Am I vain?

Well, since Dictionary.com defines vain as: excessively proud of or concerned about one's own appearance....

I'd say I am pretty vain. Not really proud, but definitely concerned. Always.

Maybe it stems from my history of obesity. Maybe I'm just a big jerk. Either way, I am kind of freaking out about this coming weekend. Why? Because it is our first time to get professional family pictures done.

I'm actually really excited to finally be getting some professional pictures taken of all four of us (yes, the dog is included), but I have spent the last month trying to eat less, exercise more, etc... What if I have a muffin top over my jeans? What if I have a double chin? What if I look FAT??? I absolutely, positively cannot look fat in our family pictures!

So, we'll see how that one turns out.

On another vain note, I got my hair cut! Chopped would actually be a better word because it is shorter than it has ever been in my life. I actually like it, though.

Hopefully the new haircut looks good in the family pictures.

And hopefully my deep-seated issues of being ugly and fat for the majority of my teen years will begin to dissipate soon.

So please excuse me, I have to go wash my face. We can't have any breakouts occurring before family picture time!

:)

Comments

Popular Posts