STOP EATING!! Keep a Food Journal...

So, lately I have had a little habit of eating in the evenings. I just feel hungry after I put Henry to bed, so I'll eat a bowl of cereal or some chocolate... Well, it is catching up with me now. The scale has slowly creeped up over the last week. I am putting a stop to this RIGHT NOW. No more eating after dinner. I'll allow myself a little dessert, but no bowls of cereal at 9pm!
So many people eat and don't realize that they are eating! Munching in front of the TV, while bored, at work, etc... can all add up to extra pounds if you aren't paying attention.

Start a food journal...
It takes some dedication, but trust me - it is worth it. Whether you decide to keep a little notebook with you and write down what you are eating when you eat it, or if you log into a calorie counting website that will do most of the work for you, keeping track of your caloric intake will really help you understand why you are having a hard time losing or maintaining weight. Most people eat many more calories every day than they realize. I have kept a food journal for several years now, and it has really helped me to realize exactly how many calories I am putting into my mouth each day. I use a website - selfdietclub.com. It makes it so easy. To set up your account, you just enter your height, weight, activity level, and goals. The website will figure out about how many calories you need to consume to meet those goals. Every day I keep track of my food intake and exercise. When I get a chance to get on the computer, I enter it all in and see how I am doing so far for the day. If by lunch I have consumed 3/4 of my calories allowed for the day, I know that I'll have to eat a light dinner. This tool really helps me stay on track.
There are several websites that have similar programs to selfdietclub.com. Another great option is calorieking.com. Google calorie counting or food journal and you will find many options - just choose the one that works best for you. It may seem time consuming at first, but you will be glad that you did it.

Comments

Popular Posts