Hooray for Fitness!

The Skinny Mom loves everything about fitness, but is really giving props to this month's issue of Fitness Magazine which featured a six page spread full of nothing but yummy vegetarian recipes. I really want to try this one:

Fresh Herb and Cheese Frittata

2 cups fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup basil leaves
1/2 cup parsley leaves
1/4 cup chives, roughly chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons reduced-fat milk
2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
6 large eggs
1/2 cup grated Manchego
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  1. Preheat the broiler and position an oven rack 4 inches from the heat
  2. In a food processor, combine the spinach, herbs, garlic, and salt. Add the milk and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Pulse until the mixture forms a pestolike paste.
  3. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs. Whisk in spinach mixture, 1/4 cup of the Manchego, and the black pepper.
  4. Heat remaining oil in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-low heat. Pour in egg mixture and cook, without stirring, until the frittata sets around the edges, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Manchego.
  5. Transfer the pan to the oven and broil 1 to 2 minutes until golden and firm to the touch. Slice and serve.

Nutrition facts per serving: 243 calories, 14 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 19 g fat, 1 g fiber.

_________________________

Okay...the picture looks so good...........but I'm not sure that a novice cook like myself could pull this one off. I'll give it a try sometime soon....

Also - just a little update -- Today I put on a pair of camouflage capri pants, size small, from Abercrombie and Fitch. I used to love these pants before Henry was born. 2 summers ago I was pregnant and couldn't wear them. Last summer Henry was 6 months old and I could get them on but they were so tight that I didn't wear them. Today, they fit somewhat loosely! AND - this morning I was 127 on the scale. That is -110 lbs from my heaviest and is the lightest I have ever been in my adult life!!! It must be all the lifting and carrying around of a certain 27-pound little boy I know.... (The 3 or 4 runs per week and weekly "Bosu Conditioning" class at the gym probably help too.)

Here's to awesome cruel-free recipes and super cute size small camo pants!




Comments

Popular Posts