Do Elliptical Trainers Even Work?

I'm practicing what I preach and changing things up.

Lately I have been taking the Bosu Conditioning Class (from my previous post) on Wednesdays and Saturdays. On Sundays, Mondays, and Fridays I have been running either outside or on the treadmill.

So, to change things up a bit, yesterday I decided to do the elliptical trainer instead of running. I turned the resistance up to 6 and went at a pretty good pace. I was sweating and breathing somewhat hard, but it was NOTHING like when I run. When I was finished, I almost felt as if I had cheated at my workout for the day.

I want to change it up but I still need to feel challenged! I just don't think there are any other cardio machines that push me as much as the treadmill...

That's all.

Comments

  1. No, elliptical suck and I never let my clients go on them while training! My general rule is if you can read a magazine and exercise at the same time, you aren't exercising.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts