Some of today's thoughts...

First of all.... how sad is it that Brittany Murphy passed away this week? Only 32 years old... We are so completely fragile - it's scary. You never know what is going to happen - make sure to show your love and appreciation frequently to those you care about.

Okay, I need some grown-up time. It is snowing here in Denver - has been all day long - and it is super cold. I have been stuck in this house with Henry for the entire day. Not that I don't love spending time with Henry, but I think my brain is beginning to turn into mush. Then, when my wonderful husband, Cory, comes home from work I send him back out into the snow to go to the grocery store. Now, it is 8pm - everyone had dinner, Henry has been bathed and is asleep, and Cory just left to go down to the little neighborhood watering hole with our neighbor. I am sitting here wondering when I will ever get to talk to an adult again!

So anyway...I am going to attempt to make lasagna tomorrow for Christmas Eve dinner, and on Christmas day I'm making a ham with all the trimmings... For those of you who do not know me, let's just say that I am not much of a cook. This should be quite interesting. Hopefully Taco Bell is open on Christmas day just in case the food is terrible...

Why are so many people so cranky over the holidays? Yesterday, while at the mall doing some last minute shopping with a gazillion other people, I ran into so many unhappy and rude people. Really? If it is such a pain for you to deal with the crowds so close to Christmas, why don't you just get your shopping finished earlier??? Don't take it out on everyone around you. Trust me, I wasn't happy having to drive around the parking garage for 30 minutes begging for someone to leave so I could have their parking spot - but I dealt with it without being mean to other people. Get into the Christmas spirit, people!

So, last night I woke up at 2am and couldn't get back to sleep until after 5am. It was beyond frustrating and I have been so tired all day. I would have taken a nap today when Henry took his nap, but I have been feeling so icky lately - too many cookies and not enough exercise. Before I went to bed last night, I vowed that I was going to get a great workout in today. So, I kept my promise that I had made to myself and as soon as Henry fell asleep, my butt was on the treadmill. I jogged 4.5 miles and lifted weights for 30 minutes after that. I have been exhausted all day, but it feels great to get such a good workout in during the holidays. Now, I just have to quit eating all of these holiday treats and FOCUS.......

Yesterday I bought a new bra. I'm sure that you ladies understand - once you find a bra that you LOVE, you have to buy it in every color... I bought this bra at Nordstrom after Henry was born and I have hated wearing any other bra ever since. The problem - it is $88. That just seems so crazy, but the bra is such a PERFECT fit, I just had to have another one. So, for any of you ladies that are kinda busty - this is a great bra. You really should try it. The only thing I hate (besides the price) is the sizing. In cheap Victoria's Secret bras I was usually a 34D. I wear a 34DDD in this bra. WOW! That just sounds huge. Scary big, right? I don't think that I look THAT huge, but whatever... it fits. It fits perfectly. I love it.

Okay....I think I may be finished for tonight. Sorry for the randomness of this post...

Have a great Christmas, everyone!!

Comments

Popular Posts