Does walking count?

I want to look fab at my graduation/30th birthday party, which happens to be less than two weeks away on May 14th.

To accomplish this, I've decided that I'm going to work out AT LEAST five days per week until then, and I'm going to buy a super-cute dress from Anthropologie or JCrew or somewhere for the event.

So, I was supposed to work out today. It was on my to-do list. (Yes, I have a to-do list every day, even on Sunday. I'm consistent like that.)

The problems: Jack, my first-born Schnauzer, really needed a walk; and Henry, my first-born human, really needed some playtime out of the house. So, my "workout" consisted of walking the dog for 45 minutes.

Does that count?

I was totally wearing my workout clothes.

But, I didn't even come close to sweating. And my breathing was never labored. My heart rate probably never made it into triple digits. The closest I got to working my abs was bending over to pick up dog poop - which happened twice, so that has to count for something, right?

Does walking the dog count as a workout? Or do I still owe myself one for today?

If I tell you he's the cutest dog ever, will that help to sway you in my direction? Oh, and he's really fast. Super-dog fast. And our walking route includes several intense inclines - okay, not "intense" but at least a 2.0 on the treadmill...

Oh, never mind. Looks like a treadmill is in my future.

Comments

Popular Posts