Mommy Pressure

Okay, is it just me, or is EVERYONE pregnant?!?

It seems like just about every one I know is either pregnant with #2, or trying to get pregnant with #2.

Apparently it isn't very popular to just have one child. The problem - - that is all we want!!
We are perfectly happy with one child. Henry is a great kid, and he keeps me crazy busy. I can't imagine what it would be like to bring a newborn into the mix right now. I think I'd lose my mind! Plus, I want to enjoy every moment with Henry. It feels like having a baby now would take so much of my time away from Henry.

Is there really anything wrong with just having one? Every week at playgroups and MOMS Club events I feel like the odd one because I'm not pregnant, and I don't plan on becoming pregnant any time soon, if ever.

It sounds selfish, but I want to be able to live MY life. I don't want every minute of my day to be consumed with taking care of children. Henry and I have a great system - he loves riding in the BOB stroller, so I am able to get my daily runs in. Plus, he takes a 2 -3 hour afternoon nap every day so I am able to get other things done for myself during that time. "ME" time is so important and I don't know that I'd have much of it if we added to our family right now. Selfish, I know....

Not saying never, but definitely not now!

Comments

Popular Posts